Thursday, May 16, 2013

Canadian astronaut Chris Hadfield feels both "superhero ... - 20minutes.fr

Canadian astronaut Chris Hadfield, just returned to Earth on Tuesday after five months on the International Space Station, felt like a “superhero” with weightlessness, but also as a “lab rat human, “he told Thursday. In great poetic communicator, singer and guitarist, revealed by his third trip into space, astronaut, spoke fondly of the scents of the Kazakh steppe, those spring felt at the hatch opening of the capsule of Russian descent who has returned to Earth.

Speaking from the U.S. Space Center Houston during a press conference televised by the Canadian Space Agency, the mustachioed astronaut told with humor how he was adjusting to life back to normal. “The symptoms experienced are those of aging. My blood vessels hardened my cardiovascular system has changed … Blood pressure and all those things have changed. All this is in the process of rehabilitation. Researchers observe how the body controls it all. I’m a lab rat. But a human rat laboratory scale, “he said.


“I could feel the weight of my lips and my tongue”

“Just after landing, I could feel the weight of my lips and my tongue. I had to change the way of talking. I did not realize that I had learned to speak a language that weighed nothing, “said the former commander of the International Space Station. “Weightlessness is a super-power. You can fly without effort. It is a wonderful feeling, liberating. But the reality of people’s lives here on Earth, “he explained in this light and colorful style that has earned nearly a million followers on Twitter.

landing, “we hit the ground as in an automobile collision. Was a person on the floor, on a wall and a suspended ceiling. I was hanging from the ceiling “guys continued Hadfield. “Tom (American astronaut Tom Marshburn) looked out the window and there was the earth and grass, where a few moments before we saw the space. Then, as soon as the emergency technicians began to open the airlock, the air of the Earth began to enter and we felt the scent of the steppe “has yet told the astronaut.

AFP

No comments:

Post a Comment